Sunday, July 02, 2006

3am conversation with almost 4 year old ...

"Daddy!" [calling across hallway from one bedroom to another.]

[Daddy walks in.]

"Yes darling."

"I had a scary dream."

"Well why don't you pray and ask God to take away the scary dreams?"

"OK. Dear God, please don't let me have any more scary dreams. Amen."

"Good night darling."

"Nigh-night daddy."

[10 minutes later]

"Daddy!"

[Daddy walks in.]

"Yes darling."

"I had more scary dreams."

"Did you darling?"

"Didn't God hear me?"

"Darling, God always heres us when we pray to him."

"Is heaven near Australia?"

"Yes, heaven's near everywhere."

"Is heaven near Perth?"

"Yes darling. Good night."

"Nigh-night."

4 Comments:

At 10:48 pm, Blogger Ruth said...

That's adorable - even at 3am!

 
At 10:10 am, Blogger Andy M said...

I think she might actually think we live in Perth! She's been there twice. Oh well, I'm sure heaven is just as close to Sydney as it is to Perth, despite being on opposite sides of this vast continent.

 
At 3:31 pm, Blogger Ruth said...

Ah daughters! I used to plague my dad in the depths of the night too. I would lie there for a few hours thinking....'does he really love me'....and testing him out by calling out for him, pretending to have had a nightmare, and seeing how long his response time was...he passed everytime! Not that I'm saying that's what your daughter is doing at all, but daughters do like their dads responding in the middle of the night.

 
At 5:25 pm, Blogger Andy M said...

Yes, there's been a lot more cries of "Daddy" in the middle of the night than "Mummy" lately!

I love that they're so vulnerable and dependent on us. It's beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home