Tuesday, November 21, 2006

U2 on the iPod


Equipped with my recently received iPod (a birthday gift from my wife + kids), financed by my recently received iTunes voucher (a birthday gift from my brother + sister-in-law), inspired by my recent reading of the book "Bono on Bono" and enthused by U2's recent arrival here in Australia for their concert tour, I hopped onto the iTunes site the other week and downloaded four of U2's albums. They're incredibly cheap - only $11.99 each! I decided to spread my purchases across the decades and bought the following:

- "War"
- "Rattle & Hum"
- "Achtung Baby"
- "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb"

The first is one of U2's very early recordings, a period I'm not as familiar with other than the odd well known song. The second two are from the late '80s / early '90s and I've previously owned them on cassette tape (remember those??) but thought it was time to upgrade them to new technology as they're both great albums. The last one of course is U2's most recent album, but I had not previously heard it.

Well, I've hardly listened to the first three albums in the list because my iPod is now virtually stuck in a permanent "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" groove. I can't stop playing it! Over and over and over and over - I can't get enough! It is absolutely brilliant, both musically and lyrically. In particular, Bono's modern psalm, "Yahweh" is pure poetry. I might do a whole separate post on it.

Suffice to say, I'm very satisfied with my purchases. Thanks Dave & Row!

3 Comments:

At 6:54 am, Blogger Dave Miers said...

Equipped with my recently received iPod (a birthday gift from my wife + kids)
...
chosen by your brother...

!!

glad you worked out how to use the iTunes vouchers!

hey puts some flickrs here from canberra

 
At 7:29 am, Blogger Andy M said...

I'm planning to. Hold your horses. Still catching up on planned posts from the week before Canberra, then will get to Canberra...

 
At 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U2 were totally awesome in concert - my hubby and I loved them.

How cool is iTunes, I want to get me a voucher and purchase some toones...

And by the way - you should blog more ;a

 

Post a Comment

<< Home