Sunday, April 30, 2006

Some questions ...

So why am I blogging? Is this really a good idea? Do I want the world at large to read my inner most thoughts, my daily comings and goings, bits and pieces, warts and all?

Do I intend to reveal those matters to begin with? Or keep things at a safe distance? Will I allow my life to unfold before anyone who's interested, or offer not much more than a glimpse from behind a veil?

Who on earth do I think would want to read this anyway? Are they people I know, friends, family, workmates, or just cyber-strangers who stumble across my words in a mistaken turn down the wrong corner, perhaps following some odd search engine directions, or chasing a link from a link from a link from a link from a friend, you know, 6-Degrees-Of-Separation and all that? Or peraps someone will even google "6 degrees of separation" and arrive here in bewilderment wondering what I have to say about that topic?

Is this some kind of therapy for me (not that I think I'm in particular need of therapy), or simply a foray into the world of self-publishing, or self-indulgence even?

You know what? I have no idea. I don't know exactly what I'm doing here nor precisely how this thing will look or sound. A bit of theology is likely, occasional current affairs, miscelleaneous observations. Let's just see where it heads and enjoy the view .....

6 Comments:

At 4:25 pm, Blogger Dave Miers said...

okay... one of the things you need for your blog to be successful is people to write in the comments section... here goes...

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger Dave Miers said...

also... you need some links on your site out to some other great sites.

check this out http://www.ccecyouth.com

and make sure you check out the podcast!

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger The Borg said...

And you need some noodie pictures of young men ^


Nice start Andy!

Plays on words in your titles (and maybe even blog name) are a good addition. With your name there are heaps! Andy-Clockwise, Andy-Terrorism, Andysocial, Andyhero....

 
At 9:14 am, Blogger ckjolly said...

CraigS found me on accident and brought a whole bundle of Aussies with him.

 
At 10:09 am, Blogger Dave Miers said...

Hey andy,

where's your blog????

i don't think you could call yourself a blogger if you've only posted twice!!!

come on...
give us some content!

 
At 10:18 am, Blogger Andy M said...

Not until you put some clothes on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home